Thursday, September 3, 2009

Autumn Crocheted Cowl

Last weekend, I worked on a cowl for the fall. The weather is getting cooler, and I want to be ready when Old Man Winter is knocking on my door.

I found the pattern pretty simple and easy to follow. Crocheting in the round with single crochet, half double crochet, and double crochet stitches. But, I always find I drop stitches when I crochet in the round. I got about five rows in and noticed that I skipped the first single crochet round, but I figured I would just live without. Then, I got a little over half way done and decided it would be a good idea to count my stitches...I had dropped about 10 stitches! Ugh...so I unraveled the whole thing and started over. The pattern went by fast, and I finished it in one evening in front of the television. I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease (Thick and Quick), which probably helped the speed, though I think it might be a little too thick for this cowl. It turned out pretty bulky.

All in all, I think this project was worth while, and great for a stylish beginning crocheter.



Thank you to Confessions of a Compulsive Crafter for the pattern!

2 comments:

Other Posts of Interest

Related Posts with Thumbnails