Friday, September 11, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

So, my birthday came a little early this year. My lovely husband gave me something I have longed for. Wait for it...prepare to contain yourself...a yarn swift! Yes, that's right! And, he didn't just order it off the Internet. He went to a local yarn store to get it. It makes me giggle to think of him in a yarn store...hehe.


I have been selling reclaimed yarn at my shop on Etsy, and my previous method of operation was just not efficient and super time consuming. But, with the swift I can easily do three times the work I used to do. I have already put it to good use, as you can see.

Also, a box arrived at my work the other day. In it was a dress form! I have wanted a dress form for forever, but just haven't gotten around to buying one. I am super psyched and cannot wait to use it! My first project will be a dress. I haven't sewn clothes in years, so I am sure future posts will be filled with my trials and tribulations as a seamstress.


I feel so lucky to be surrounded by people who support me and my craft(s). I am truly blessed!

2 comments:

  1. I had never even heard of a yarn swift before...looks interesting!
    I always wanted a dress form. too, but more for decorative appeal. Can't wait to see your clothing creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a yarn swift before (never heard of one either) but I must say it looks like a piece of art! I'm glad your man took the plunge and went into the yarn store. That's true love :)
    Enjoy your new toys,
    Abbe

    ReplyDelete

Other Posts of Interest

Related Posts with Thumbnails