Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Little Bit About Me

So, a little bit about me. I grew up on a lake in Western New York, am an only child, and was raised by a single mother. I went to a small town school where everyone knew everyone, and you couldn't get away with anything. Growing up, I spent a lot of time with my grandma. She taught me how to sew and crochet. When I do those things, I feel like she is there with me, guiding me along. It gives me peace and clarity.

I currently live in Virginia with my husband and our dog. We have been married just over a year! I am the senior graphic designer for a professional association. I design a bi-monthly magazine, brochures, book, posters, stationery, logos, and just about anything else they throw my way.

At home, I keep myself busy with personal projects—gifts for family and friends, gifts for myself, and items for my store. My latest project is pillow covers! I have purchased really reasonably priced unbleached organic cotton canvas from Organic Cotton, Plus for the case, and I have felted wool sweaters (purchased from a thrift store) to use for applique. More photos to come when I get going on this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts of Interest

Related Posts with Thumbnails