Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Huge Mistake

Yesterday we went to our house to do some more painting, and we drove up to this...


Yes, that's right. Its the beginning of a porch. A porch we didn't ask for...and an off-centered one at that! At first I thought maybe my husband knew something I didn't know. I could tell by his face that that was not the case. Then I thought maybe the previous owners had plans that they didn't cancel. By the time we were getting out of our car, our neighbor came over and informed us that the construction was supposed to be happening to a house three doors down from us!

Long story short, the construction company's office made a huge mistake. The paperwork had our address on it, but the permit had the correct address on it. The owner and the project manager have agreed to put everything back as it was before they showed up–matching siding new concrete and sod, and all. I will be sure to post later on the outcome.

For now, I will leave you with a little bit of irony...

4 comments:

  1. This is crazy. But I did get a luagh out of it, sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry, but at least you see the irony!! Maybe someday soon you can even laugh at it!!! Blessings,
    KT

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! omg...I can't believe this actually happened to someone! Wow! Sorry for the mess...hope it's all fixed and better now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really late comment, but WOW. As someone in the same area code as this company doing the Quality Job, I definitely won't be calling their number.

    We knew a man who came home to a truckload of gravel dumped on his driveway. No paperwork, no clue.

    ReplyDelete

Other Posts of Interest

Related Posts with Thumbnails