My husband's uncle makes the best appetizer in the whole wide world. I never knew about these things until a few years back, and honestly I thought they were going to be disgusting. Now, they are something I look forward to every holiday. Here is the recipe I have learned.
1 - jar of large whole dill pickles (usually about 8 pickles)
1 - 8 oz packages of creme cheese, softened
1-2 - jars of dried beef (we prefer the dried beef in a jar, as to the kind in a plastic bag)
1. Take pickles out of jar and pat dry. Let air dry if needed.
2. Once the pickles are dry, hold them on end and spread the cream cheese evenly around the pickle.
3. Wrap the dried beef around the pickle. They should now look like the picture below.
4. Place the plate of wrapped whole pickles in the fridge for 30-40 minutes. This will allow the cream cheese to harden again, making them easier to cut.
5. Slice wrapped pickles to look like the photo below.
Voila! You have an amazing appetizer that everyone will love...even if they think it sounds disgusting at first :)