Monday, December 21, 2009

The Story of the Rosemary

Because all of the projects I am working on right now are presents for people who read this site, I will share some other things that are going on around our house. In addition our Christmas tree, I decided to decorate our rosemary plant. Now, this isn't just some ordinary rosemary plant. This plant has a story.

This plant was purchase in New York in the spring of 2007. The pot it's in was a gift from my mom...something she she wasn't using at the time. The plant then resided in Virginia for a year where I used it for cooking—it's great with potatoes, chicken, or in olive oil for a simple dipping oil!

Then, in the summer of 2008 it made it's way back up to New York. See, I was getting married, and since rosemary represents friendship, love, and fidelity, I knew it had to play a part in our wedding. Sprigs of rosemary were included in the floral arrangements for the pews, my bouquet, and my husband's boutonniere. After the wedding, the rosemary plant was kept at my in-law's house. We just didn't have enough room in the car to bring it back to Virginia.

This fall, I bought my in-laws another rosemary plant and was able to bring my long-lost friend home with me and pretty him all up for the Christmas season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts of Interest

Related Posts with Thumbnails