Sunday, April 11, 2010

Our Garden

This weekend we replaced the old garden with two new raised bed gardens. My husband built the two frames on Saturday, and I put them together today. Can't wait to watch my veggies grow!

The old bed.

My husband being handy.

One of the completed frames.

Both beds. The open one has been sown with cucumber, pole bean, watermelon, cantaloupe, corn, butternut squash, zucchini, and yellow squash seeds. The covered one is waiting for seedlings of four different kinds of hot peppers, herbs, and two kinds of tomatoes.



I also thought I would share some other things that are going on around the house...

The lilacs are in bloom!

The crape myrtles are budding.

The azaleas are starting to bloom.

Happy Spring!

2 comments:

  1. Love it!!!! Good job on the garden. I'm still pick axing mine. I refuse to use a rototiller (right now anyways). Secretly I'm also waiting for my dad to get here. :-) Happy growing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I can't believe your azaleas are already blooming, mine aren't even close!

    ReplyDelete

Other Posts of Interest

Related Posts with Thumbnails