Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mini Embroidery Quilt Swap Update

Last month, I told you about how I signed up for the Mini Embroidery Quilt Swap through Quilting Gallery. See my original post here. I have finished the embroidery, and will be moving onto the piecing and quilting part this weekend. I thought I should post some pictures of my progress.



My quilt swap partner did not specify any likes/dislikes. Given the freedom to do anything, I had a bit of a hard time deciding what to do...go with redwork (like the example) or branch out and go colorful. I love redwork, but at the same time wanted to be creative and not just copy the example. So, I looked through my stash for inspiration and I kept going back to the simple red fabrics...redwork it will be!

Now I just need to trim the stitchery, add borders, quilt, bind with hanging option, and label.

Does anyone else get overwhelmed with choices?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts of Interest

Related Posts with Thumbnails