Friday, May 14, 2010

Simple Buttoned Cowl


Well, I finished my cowl, and I think it turned out pretty good. I used vintage buttons from my button stash...I think they are very complementary to the red yarn. As promised, I have worked up the pattern, and it's pretty simple...hence the name.


Gauge: I didn't make a gauge swatch, but your end measurements should be 7.5" x 20.5".
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton-Ease, Cherry
Hook: I/5.5mm


CH 36

Row 1: Skip 2 CH, 1 SC, *CH 1, skip 1 CH, 1 SC.* Repeat from * to * to end of row. (33 Stitches)

Row 2: CH 2. Turn. *1 SC in CH SP of previous row, CH 1.* Repeat from * to * to end of row. (33 Stitches)

Row 3–80: Repeat Row 2.

Rows 81: CH 2. Turn. (1 SC in CH SP of previous row, CH 1) 4 times, CH 3, skip 1 CH SP, (1 SC in next CH space, CH 1) 7 times, CH 3, skip 1 CH SP, (1 SC in next CH space, CH 1) 4 times, 1 SC in CH SP.

Note: Row 81 contains your button holes. Adjust hole to your own button size/quantity. My buttons were a little over 1" in diameter, and I used two.


Row 82: CH 2. Turn. (1 SC in CH SP of previous row, CH 1) 4 times, work 2 (1 SC, CH 1) into CH 4 SP of previous row, (1 SC in next CH SP, CH 1) 6 times, work 2 (1 SC, CH 1) into second CH 4 SP of previous row, (1 SC in next CH space, CH 1) 3 times, 1 SC in CH SP.

Rows 83–85: Repeat Row 2.

Finish off, weave in ends, sew on your buttons, wear your cowl!

This pattern has not been tested, so please let me know if you find any mistakes. This pattern is for personal use only. Make this cowl for yourself or friends (I am sure they will love you for it), but do not sell the pattern or product made from this pattern. Please do not copy and republish this pattern anywhere. When referencing, please use a link.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts of Interest

Related Posts with Thumbnails