Sunday, May 9, 2010

Zombie Cupcakes

I chose Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, by Jane Austin and Seth Grahame-Smith, for this month's bookclub. I have never read Pride and Prejudice, and am interested in what the real story line is when Grahame-Smith inserted the zombie scenes. Anyways, I really liked it and think it's worth the read.

So, to keep with the zombie theme I decided to make
zombie cupcakes. I used a red velvet cake recipe found here. The frosting is .a.m.a.z.i.n.g!

The supplies. Brain mold found here. Chocolate making supplies from Fran's Cakes and Candy in Fairfax, VA.

My double boiler.

The chocolate in the brain molds. I found that the pink was too pink for a brain, and ended up just going with gray.

The final product! Yuuummmm braaaaaaaains.


Make them for your next zombie-themed party. Happy brain eating!

1 comment:

  1. They look disgusting.....ly delicious!
    Sounds like an interesting book too.

    ReplyDelete

Other Posts of Interest

Related Posts with Thumbnails