Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Pico De Gallo Recipe

Since we eat quesadillas at least once a week, I like to spice things up sometimes with homemade pico de gallo. I got this recipe from owners of a Mexican restaurant, and it's pretty darn good!

You will need:
2 tomatoes, diced (I like firmer ones. Really ripe tomatoes will make it soupy)
1/2 red onion, diced (I used white since that was all I had on hand)
1/2 jalapeno pepper, diced (Add more if you like it spicier)
1/2 lime, juiced
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 - 2 Tablespoons beer
3 - 4 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped (I omitted this because I didn't have any on hand)
Black pepper to taste

I don't have a juicer, so I use tongs to juice the limes.

Mix all ingredients, and there you have it...yummy and fresh pico de gallo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts of Interest

Related Posts with Thumbnails