Saturday, July 17, 2010

American Pickers in NY

This story really doesn't have anything to do with me, but I think it is worthy enough of sharing...

The History Chanel has a show called American Pickers. If you haven't seen it, imagine a cross between A&E's Hoarders and the BBC's Antiques Roadshow. Two guys, Frank and Mike, travel to backwoods America and "pick" items from people's homes...with the owner's permission and payment, of course.

Anyway, long story short...they were in Groveland, NY, taping on Thursday! Groveland, NY, is a small town in the Finger Lakes Region of New York State, and about 7 miles from where I grew up. They were there "picking" from an old church. The current owners are turning it into a recording studio, and I guess the basement was filled with "pickins." You know how word travels fast in a small town, so when my mom found out they were there, she headed over to meet them. Only Mike was around, but she got a "pick-ture" with him and his autograph, and said he was super nice!

My wonderful mom is on the left.


Secretly, I think my mom wishes she had his job...she would be super good at it, that's for sure.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! One of my favorite shoes. Even my kids love to watch it with me and they are not into "old stuff" like I am.

    ReplyDelete

Other Posts of Interest

Related Posts with Thumbnails