Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hydrangea Wreath

First off, I love hydrangeas! In fact, that was the sole flower used in our wedding and reception. I had white hydrangeas for my girls' bouquets, my bouquet, the ceremony arrangements, floral cones on the aisles, the centerpieces at the reception, and all around my cakes. Now that I think about it, I can't believe that it was already almost two years ago...seems like yesterday. Oh, and, aren't my girls beautiful?

Tom Mike Photographer

Secondly, I think that the use of one type of flower is absolutely beautiful and very stunning. While I don't really like silk flowers in flower arrangements, I do think they have their place in home decor. Mainly for wreaths and...hmmm, I can't think of any other time right now.

For my wreath, I used:
14" styrofoam wreath form
2" shear white ribbon (leftover from my wedding)
9 - silk flower hydrangeas
Hot glue gun and glue sticks

I cut the ends of the stems down so there was about 5 inches left. I then glued one end of the ribbon to the back of the wreath and wrapped the ribbon around the form 3 or 4 times. I hot glued the stem of the first flower and placed it so it overlapped the wrapped ribbon, then I continued wrapping around the stem and wreath form.

I continued to glue, wrap, glue, all the way around. I also hot glued three leaves to fill in spot that I thought needed it. This is what it turned out like...


What's your favorite, show stopping flower?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts of Interest

Related Posts with Thumbnails