Friday, July 2, 2010

My Visit to Lily Dale, NY

Lily Dale is a cute little town located in the southwestern part of NY, just south of Buffalo and near the PA border. Lily Dale (or the Lily Dale Assembly) is home to many pschyics, mediums, and spiritualists alike. In the summer months, they open their gates (yes, it is a gated community with a guard and all) to the public. I went for a reading, with no idea what to expect. I will not go into the details of my reading, but it was very good.

From the moment you enter the town, established in 1879, you are filled with a sense of calmness and peace. The town is quiet with only the sound of low-tone wind chimes in the background. On the grounds you will find gift shops, a coffee house, a cafeteria-style restaurant, an old hotel, and many B&Bs. There is also a Fairy Trail through the woods, the Forest Temple and Inspiration Stump, the Healing Temple. You can attend a workshop at the old Lakeside Assembly Hall or Historic Lily Dale Auditorium, or visit the Lily Dale Museum. There is even a Pet Cemetery (Lily Dale was not short on cats...all super friendly!).

I think the Lily Dale Web site says it best: "We hope you will find here a deep sense of peace and a renewed sense of the divinity within you."

2 comments:

  1. Can you recommend one of the bed and breakfasts or the hotel… also a reader/ medium

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, but our trip was just a day trip, so I cannot recommend a bed and breakfast or hotel. We saw Dr. Patricia Bell, and she was pretty good. Keep in mind that this was my first time, so I don't really have anything to base it off of. But, she made me feel very comfortable and had some very interesting things to tell me. All in all, it was a very good experience. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

Other Posts of Interest

Related Posts with Thumbnails