Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sully Quilt Show



These are my finds from the other weekend! They are vintage feedsacks, and the bottom two are specifically made to be used as aprons (or anything else with an edged border). I haven't decided what to do with them, yet, but I am sure I will figure out something!

I went to the Sully Quilt Show—an annual event at the Sully Historic Site in Chantilly, Virginia. The show is held on the grounds of the 1794 home of Richard Bland Lee and has vendors that sell new and antique quilts, fiber arts, antique linens, antique sewing tools, fabric, and books. There are also 18th century-dressed artisans demonstrating weaving, tatting, spinning, and quilting. This year there were antique quilts on display in the Lee house, but we were running late and it closed before we could make it through the vendors.


Source

A definite must if you are in the Northern Virginia area.

On a side note, I have lost our camera...so sad :( Posts might be few and far between until we get another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts of Interest

Related Posts with Thumbnails