Saturday, October 16, 2010

Old Family Photos

It's Vintage Love Saturday over at Southern Lady's Vintage. This weeks theme is vintage photographs!

I thought I would share some of my family's old, old, old photographs. My "private collection," if you will. Here are a few of my favorites.

A tintype from mid to late 1800s.

A graduate from the 1920s.
That's right...a chicken on a leash with a wagon!
I just love the feeling and light in this photo!
Love this picture. From the watch chain to the mustache to the faux painted background.
Check out that fabulous hat!

 You can find the whole flickr album here.

4 comments:

  1. OH ! Wow!! I love the chicken!! And the Hat!..and the Mustache!! I love everything!! GREAT photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful family photos. I am very intrigued by the first one because it is so rare to see photos of women of that era in patterned clothing, they are usually very somber in black. The hat on the woman on the right is really something.
    Love the leashed chicken too! All great photos.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. That chicken is so cute! And I love the graduate's white dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that beautiful, poised graduate was able to go on to do something wonderful with her life.

    ... and yes, that hat ... at first glance i thought it was a giant set of dentures photo-shopped onto her head.

    ReplyDelete

Other Posts of Interest

Related Posts with Thumbnails